Depending on the type and site of the internship, students will be able to:
- Determine what area of health care they wish to work in.
- Apply Allied Health Sciences classroom knowledge and skills to a health care setting.
- Evaluate the use of various methodologies and recommend solutions appropriate to clinical or administrative settings.
- To detect personal changes in competence, knowledge, attitude, motivation, and other areas as a result of the internship.
Listed below are the University requirements for internships.
- The student must have at least a 2.5 GPA overall and in the major
- The student must have a minimum of 12 credit hours
- The student will spend up to 40 hours/week performing allied health-related activities for a period of up to 15 weeks. The student will receive 3 credits for 150 hours of internship and 6 credits for 300 hours.
- The student must complete the Health Compliance training prior to beginning the internship.
- The student must be under the direct full-time supervision of a qualified person.
- The internship sponsoring entity will provide a copy of the internship job description